This Christmas showstopper is ridiculously easy to put together, but is guaranteed to impress – plus the children will love it! We like to challenge our kids to get creative with what layers they put on the Christmas tree as the platter can be adapted to leave out any pieces they don’t like and double up on the bits they do. We love putting this out at Christmas parties for the ultimate Christmas sharer food or put it out on Christmas Day if you’re feeding a big family for a proper Christmas Showstopper!
– 1 pack of The Jolly Hog Black Treacle Bacon wrapped Pigs in Blankets
– 1 pack of The Jolly Hog British Outdoor Bred Smoked Back Bacon
– Tracklements Wholegrain mustard
– Olive oil
– Salt and pepper
– To make this Christmas party food sharer, peel the carrots and parsnips & chop them into thin fingers.
– Combine equal parts honey and wholegrain mustard & chuck in with the root veggies, stirring until coated.
– Empty onto a tray & drizzle with olive oil. Roast at 220 degrees for 30-40 mins.
– Chop your Brussels Sprouts in half & boil for 5 minutes.
– Roughly chop a pack of our Smoke Back bacon and
sprinkle into a frying pan with a little oil, sprouts and pepper. Fry until the the bacon is a little crispy.
– After 10 minutes, check your parsnips and carrots, toss and put back in the oven. This is the time to cook your Pigs in Blankets.
– On another baking tray, bake shredded kale with
salt, pepper & oil until slightly crispy.
– Once all of the components are ready, assemble your Christmas tree party food sharer on a serving plate. For a more indulgent board, you can swap out some of the veg for Halloumi and Bacon parcels, glazed with cranberry sauce.
– For a more winter-y taste, you can add a teaspoon of cinnamon or five spice to the veggies for a warming kick. You can also draw out the Christmas tree on the back of a sheet of baking paper, to help assemble the sharer board within the lines.