Fluffy Reindeer pancakes with streaky bacon
- 1 x pack of The Jolly Hog Streaky Bacon
- 3 Clarence court eggs
- 110g plain flour
- 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
- 140ml milk
- We started by following Jamie Oliver’s ultimate fluffy American pancake recipe. You separate the eggs, putting the yolk and whites in separate bowls.
- Next, add flour, baking powder and milk to the yolk-y bowl and then stir away until it’s thick and smooth.
- Either hand whisk or electrically whisk the whites of the eggs until they get stiff sections that then fold into batter – Jamie’s top tip.
- At this point – add a pack of our streaky bacon under the grill.
- Heat up a non-stick pan and add batter then pour in little bits of the batter, doing a pancake at a time. Cook for a couple of minutes before flipping them and cook until both sides are golden.
- We made half larger pancakes for Rudolph’s face and half smaller ones for his nose.
- Layer the smaller pancake on top of the larger one and then use blueberries or blackberries for the reindeers eyes.
- Chop up a strawberry in half and add for his nose.
- Next, slip the streaky bacon under the pancake stack to give Rudolph his antlers!
products used in this recipe