This cheesy bread bowl is almost too good for words. How can you go wrong with camembert cheese, bread, cranberry and pigs in blankets? This festive combo is perfect to serve up at Christmas parties and smaller get togethers, plus it’s so easy, even the least confident of cooks can master it. Dip our pigs in blankets into this Christmas Cranberry Camembert Bread bowl for the tastiest family dinner or accompaniment for your wine night! Who needs cheese boards when you can have this?!
– 1 or 2 packs of our British Black Treacle Bacon wrapped Pigs in Blankets
– A circular bread loaf or boule
– 1 Camembert cheese wheel
– 1 jar of cranberry sauce (we like Tracklements Cranberry, port & orange sauce)
– Black pepper
– Rosemary (optional)
– Olive oil
– Start by heating the oven to 170.
– Put our pigs in blankets in the oven and cook according to pack instructions, keeping an eye on them whilst you work on the bread.
– Take your loaf of bread and slice off the top section. Remove and set aside.
– Take your camembert wheel and place it on top of the bread, use a knife to cut around the circle of the wheel. Scoop out the bread in this circle.
– Go around the bread cutting slices about 3/4 of the way down the bread. Cut in as many as you like – the more slices you make, the more people can share! You’ll be able to use these bits to make this into a Christmas tear n share bread.
– Drizzle and brush the bread with plenty of olive oil. Sprinkle on sea salt, pepper and rosemary.
– Place the camembert cheese wheel back into the middle of the bread in the hollowed out circle.
– Sprinkle some more rosemary on and then spoon in your cranberry sauce to cover the cheese.
– Place the top of the bread back onto the Christmas cranberry camembert bread bowl and cook for about 20 minutes.
– If your pigs in blankets were finished before the bread, heat them up and then use them to dip into the Christmas camembert bread bowl. Tear n share the bread from the bowl and dip them into the gooey camembert with the pigs in blankets.