Introducing the chicken smash burger… We’ve all been seeing smash burgers all over our screens, and if you’re anything like us you will have been drooling over them. We gave it a go with our brand new The Jolly Hen chicken sausages & now we’re not sure we’ll ever be able to go a weekend without one! Perfect for breakfast burgers & brunches, lighter lunches & dinners that pull no punches. Try them yourself!
– 1 pack of Jolly Hen Chicken Sausage Chipolatas
– Oil/ Butter
– Egg (optional)
– Cheese (optional)
– Marmite (optional)
– Remove the skin from the sausages by running a knife down them lengthways.
– Take the sausage meat and roll into meatballs the size of ping pong balls.
– Refrigerate for a couple of hours (if you have the patience).
– Get your frying pan fiercely hot, with oil or butter, then pop a couple of balls into the pan at a time.
– Time to get your anger out – SMASH the burgers under a spatula, pressing down until the patties are flat.
– Cook the sausage patties for a couple of minutes on each side, or until they start to caramelise and brown, and the meat is fully cooked through.
– For the breakfast cheesy burger version we’ve made, add a slice of cheese on top of the chicken sausage patty whilst the second side is cooking and add a lid for a minute at the end to help the cheese melt and go gooey. At the same time, fry an egg & then serve up your burger with the egg. We love adding marmite on our bagel or burger bun for this recipe!