We’ve recently added this burger to our menu at our Bristol restaurant and it’s already become a team favourite. Made with our Jolly Hen Chicken sausages, this chicken burger is extra juicy thanks to the chicken thigh we use in our chicken chipolatas. With hints of rosemary & thyme in the chicken sausages, plus roasted piquillo peppers & a black pepper mayo, this burger really packs a real punch of flavour. All the tastes of Summer in a burger!
– 1 pack of Jolly Hen Chicken Sausages
– Piquillo peppers (or normal peppers)
– Chop and roast your piquillo peppers (or normal peppers) with some olive oil and salt and pepper. You can grill them to make the recipe even quicker. Grill or roast until the edges are slightly charred.
– Remove the skins from our Chicken Sausages by running a knife down the length of them.
– Time to get down and dirty. Combine all of the chicken sausage meat in a bowl and then shape into two patties with your hands.
– Heat oil in a frying pan & add your chicken sausage burgers.
– In the meantime, make your black pepper mayo, it’s super simple, just mix black pepper into some mayo, add more the more fiery you want your mayo to be.
– Once your chicken burgers are done on the first side, flip them & add a generous slice of cheddar. Add a lid for the last 30 seconds or so of cooking, or until the cheese melts and goes gooey. Top off with rocket. BANGING.