Easy peasy stuffed peppers that are perfect for the piglets’ lunch boxes or quick and easy lunches throughout the week. These cheesy grilled peppers are wrapped in our crispy bacon & stuffed with cheesy, garlic and chorizo rice.
• 1 pack of The Jolly Hog Streaky Bacon
• 4 garlic cloves
• Olive oil
• Cheddar grated
• Chilli flakes
• 1 Mozzarella ball
1. Set your rice to boil and leave until almost fully cooked.
2. Smash up 4 garlic cloves and chop into smaller chunks.
3. Chop your peppers in half and remove the white membrane and seeds.
4. Drain the rice and heat oil in a frying pan. Add your garlic and leave for a couple mins until browned.
5. Chop chorizo into small chunks.
6. Add the rice and chorizo to the pan and grate cheddar over the top, stirring it in so that the cheese goes gooey and the rice soaks up the garlic taste. Remove from heat.
7. At this point you can add chipotle chilli flakes if you like or peri peri salt.
8. Scoop the rice mixture into your pepper halves and place chopped mozzarella chunks on top of each.
9. Pop the grill on and whack the peppers under the grill for a few minutes.
10. After a couple minutes, when the excess water from the mozzarella has evaporated, remove the peppers & wrap them in our streaky bacon or normal bacon cut in half down the middle. Pop back under the grill for 5 mins until the bacon goes crispy.