Whoever said frittatas were just for breakfast was wrong. This Cheesy Bacon & Green Bean Frittata Recipe is perfect for brunch, lunch, dinner or simply an afternoon snack. The cheese and bacon gives this frittata a delicious taste meaning you can sneak in some veg with the green beans without the children noticing.
• 1 pack of Jolly Good Bacon
• 4 large sweet potatoes
• 2 courgettes
• 1 pack of green beans
• Olive oil
• 125ml milk
• 4 eggs
• Chopped parsley
• Block of feta cheese
1) Peel 4 large sweet potatoes, slicing them into thick discs (roughly 5mm if you can).
2) Chop a handful of parsley and a pack of our Jolly Good Bacon into small pieces.
3) Slice 2 courgettes into 1 cm discs, then trim a pack of green beans of their ends and cut them in half length ways.
4) Preheat your oven to 200°c
5) Chuck the sweet potato onto an oven tray lined with parchment paper and coat with olive oil & salt and pepper. Shake them around to make sure they’re covered then cook for 15 mins.
6) In a bowl, whisk together 125 ml milk, 4 eggs and a bit of chopped parsley. Add salt & pepper (or chilli if you fancy a kick) and crumble in a block of feta cheese or half a block of mature cheddar if prepared.
7) Heat oil in a frying pan and add the bacon and stir until it’s cooked. Chuck in the courgette and green beans with the bacon and cook for another couple of minutes until they begin to soften.
8) Using either an ovenproof frying pan or a greased baking dish, line the bottom with your sweet potato discs.
9) Plop the bacon and vegetables in, then pour the egg and milk mixture on top.
10) Sprinkle some extra cheese on top and then cook for 15-20 minutes. Perfection.