Perfect for those quick midweek meals. This quick and simple recipe only uses a few ingredients and you’ll be serving up this creamy risotto to your hungry little piglets in no time.
– 2 x packs of The Jolly Hog Black Treacle Ham
– 300g Risotto rice
– 1 garlic clove
– 1 x chicken stock cube
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 100g frozen peas
– 100g Vintage Cheddar
– 1 onion
– 1 tbsp Tracklements English mustard
– 2 tbsp mascarpone
1. Start by finely dicing your onion and garlic.
2. Add a stock cube to boiling water and leave to dissolve.
3. In a large casserole dish or heavy bottomed sauce pan, heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Add the onion into the pan & cook for 5 minutes until it begins to soften and go translucent.
4. Add in your garlic, and then pour in your risotto rice. Allow 30 seconds for the rice to fry in the olive oil, and the garlic to become fragrant, before you add in your stock.
5. Pour the stock in, bringing your saucepan to a boil at the same time.
6. Cover the risotto and cook for 15 minutes, making sure it’s on a medium heat. The more you can stir the risotto, the better. If you’re busy, try to stir at least every couple of minutes to stop it from sticking to the bottom.
7. Whilst your risotto is cooking, take 2 packs of The Jolly Hog Black Treacle Ham and tear it into thick pieces.
8. Add your ham into the sauce pan, along with the peas and your cheeses (after grating the cheddar).
9. Fold in all the ingredients so that they’re equally spread out and your risotto can soak up their flavours.
10. Cook for another couple of minutes until your rice is fully cooked and the cheese has melted and gone gooey.
11. Season with salt and pepper and more parmesan then enjoy.