Our Bristol restaurant, Pigsty, is famous for it’s Breakfast Stack Burger – a burger full of a sausage patty, our black treacle bacon, black pudding, a hash brown and a fried egg. Use this recipe to recreate this epic Breakfast Stack at home.
• 1 pack of Jolly Hog Proper Porker
• 1 pack of Jolly Hog Black Treacle Bacon
• 1 egg
• 100g of potato flour
• Garlic powder
• Onion powder
• Baconnaise (optional)
Make your own hash brown
1) Peel and grate your potatoes – preferably marris pipers.
2) In a clean, dry kitchen cloth squeeze out any excess liquid.
3) Beat 1 egg & add to the potato in a mixing bowl, or switch the egg for 100g of potato flour. If the mix looks dry add a little water to it.
4) Season generously with salt & pepper. Add garlic & onion powder
for some extra flavour.
5) In a frying pan add about 1cm of oil & bring up to heat. to see if it’s hot enough, dip a wooden spoon in the oil and if it fizzes it is ready to go!
6) Shape up your hash browns and fry until golden. We like to flip them every 30-40 seconds
7) Once golden & cooked through, place on a piece of kitchen roll to drain any excess oil.
To make the rest of the stack:
To make your own sausage patty, follow the 3 simple instructions here.
(If you’re a lover of black pudding, go the extra mile and try our Pork and Black Pudding Sausage Burger Recipe).
– Add a fried egg, a slice of our black treacle bacon & a slice of black pudding, to recreate your favourite Pigsty breakfast treat
– Tip: For extra crispy bacon. Start your bacon off in a cold pan and big up to heat this will slowly render the fat and give you that extra crispy texture.