Cheese toasties are without a doubt the best comfort food, but add our BBQ Pulled Pork, marmite & mustard and you’ve got a top tier toastie! The sweetness and spiciness of our BBQ pulled pork makes for a perfect spicy addition to a grilled cheese toastie, adding an extra kick which will create fireworks in your mouth – see what we did there? We love doing a BBQ on Bonfire Night so we gave these cheese and pulled pork toasties a go on there. You can cook toasties easily on a BBQ and we love doing it, but if you don’t have one, don’t sweat, you can make this in a frying pan too. The marmite in the toasties adds a delicious umami flavour, and mustard gives it an extra kick. Tuck in to this pulled pork recipe and let us know if you give these Bonfire night toasties a go.
– A pack of our BBQ Slow Cooked Pulled Pork
– Loaf of bread – we used Hobbs House Bakery’s Tumeric Loaf
– Extra mature Cheddar (or mozzarella works great)
– Mustard or Sauce Shop’s South Carolina Sauce
– Start by cooking your BBQ Pulled Pork according to pack instructions in the oven.
– Once the pulled pork is cooked and looking tender, spread marmite on one piece of bread, and mustard on the other. Feel free to mix it up with other sauces – like chilli jam or apple sauce – or leave it out altogether as our pulled pork already comes with an apple smokey BBQ treacle sauce.
– Load the bread with your slow cooked pulled pork, add slices of cheese and then add the top layer. Spread a layer of butter on top of the toastie.
– If you’re using a BBQ, place the pulled pork toastie on the BBQ. If not, add butter to a pan and add your toastie. Flip half way through cooking and cook the toasti until the cheese has melted and the bread has browned. Tuck in.