This is an absolute classic Bonfire Night recipe in our house hold. It marks our love of sausages and our love of fireworks, plus any excuse for a sausage burger! The children absolutely love these Catherine Wheel sausage burgers, especially the sticky and sweet honey wholegrain mustard sauce we glaze them with. Get them lending a hand helping to make these Catherine Wheel Sausage burgers and enjoy them wrapped up in the garden on Bonfire Night watching the fireworks!
– 1 pack of our The Jolly Hog Little Porker Sausage Chipolatas
– 1 burger bun (We use Hobbs House)
– Tracklements Spiced Honey Mustard – if you can’t find this, mix equal honey & wholegrain mustard
– To make your Catherine wheel sausage burger, start by taking our Little Porkers out of their pack.
– The chipolata sausages should be joined together still. If that’s the case, start squeezing the chipolata into the next sausage, eventually their link will disappear, and they’ll merge into one large sausage. Repeat the process with 4 sausages until you have a long sausage. If the sausage links are broken, snap wooden cocktail sticks in half and curl around the sausages, starting from the inside of the Catherine wheel, using a cocktail stick to secure the sausages together. Repeat with 4 sausages.
– Add your sausage Catherine wheel burger to the BBQ if you’re braving a Bonfire BBQ. If not, you can cook this under the grill or in the oven. Flip half way and cook until it’s beginning to brown.
– Add your honey mustard glaze and then return the sausage Catherine wheel to cook for another couple of minutes. Serve up in a burger bun (the burger bun toasted on the BBQ is even better!)