We always make it a tradition of getting the BBQ out on Bonfire Night and cooking up a delicious storm to go with the fireworks. One of our favourite – and the children’s favourite – meals to make on Bonfire Night is hot dogs. Follow our easy recipes below for some extra special Bonfire night recipe ideas including marmite caramelised onion topped hot dogs, and chilli jam and bacon hot dogs! Let us know if you give this Bonfire night recipe a go!
– 1 pack of our The Jolly Hog Proper Porker Sausages (or Caramelised Porkers)
– 1 pack of our The Jolly Hog BBQ Pulled Pork
– 1 pack of our The Jolly Hog Streaky Smoked Bacon
– Finger rolls (we get ours from Hobbs House bakery)
– Red onions
– Apple sauce
– Pickled cabbage
– Chilli Jam
– Start by putting your BBQ Pulled Pork to cook if you’re going to load your hot dogs with it. This is one of our favourite pulled pork recipes and ways to use it.
– Add your sausage of choice to your grill, or to your BBQ. We love a Bonfire Night BBQ but if you don’t want to face the cold, cook your sausages under the grill or in the oven.
– Here’s our three serving suggestions for Bonfire Night hot dogs:
Option 1) Grill some of our smoked streaky bacon and load the hot dog with it. Add chilli jam for a delicious sweetness. You can even add brie slices to make it extra indulgent.
Option 2) Once your sausages are cooked, add them to your hot dog rolls and top with a sticky and sweet apple sauce. Make this yourself (you can find a recipe for it here) or use store bought. Top the hot dog with quick pickled cabbage. Again, click on this link to find the quick pickled cabbage recipe.
Option 3) This is our personal favourite hot dog recipe! Whilst your pork is cooking, slice your red onions into thin slices. If you’re BBQ’ing, add your onions into a silver tray and put on your BBQ, or if not, put in a frying pan with some oil on top of your stove. Add a tbsp of marmite to the onions after they’ve softened a bit and stir the marmite through. Load your hot dog with our sausages, BBQ Pulled Pork, your marmite caramelised onions and some gherkins.