This recipe was sent to us by our mate Robs mum, its a cracker of a quick family recipe when time is tight and the kids are causing havoc because they are hungry.
Ingredients – serves 4
- 300g macaroni
- 50g butter
- 50g flour
- 500ml milk
- 2tsp whole grain mustard
- A dash of Worcester sauce
- 150 g grated mature cheddar
- Packet of jolly hog bacon, preferable with black treacle.
- Cook the macaroni, drain and tip into casserole dish.
- Make a cheese sauce with the butter, flour and cheese. Stir in the whole grain mustard and the Worcester sauce to taste.
- Grill the bacon and cut up or crumble.
- Mix most of the bacon with the macaroni. Pour over the cheese sauce and sprinkle the remaining bacon and cheese over the top. Put into the oven tilled browned and cooked through.
Sometimes I include leeks at the bottom to make a meal in one. Welsh rarebit macaroni cheese with leeks!!!!