This bacon and garlic gnocchi recipe is quick, easy and tasty. Our Black Treacle Bacon adds a sweet and smoky flavour to the buttery gnocchi, and a bit of garlic sauce always goes down a treat – although not with your dinner guests. Give it a go and prepare for garlic breath!
• 1 pack of Jolly Hog Treacle Bacon
• 1 pack of Gnocchi
• 6 garlic cloves
• Olive Oil
• 1 red chilli
• Handful of coriander
• Half a lemon
1) Start by crushing and chopping 6 garlic cloves.
2) Chop up a handful of coriander and 1 red chilli (or more if you like a real kick).
3) Add butter to a frying pan and bring to a medium heat.
4) Pop the grill on and whack in our Black Treacle Bacon. We used a whole pack for 2 people.
5) Whack your chopped garlic, chilli and coriander into the frying pan, then add in some fresh lemon juice (about half a lemon or 1 lemon for extra zesty flavour) and stir until the garlic is browned. Remove from heat.
6) Bring a saucepan to boil and let your gnocchi boil according to pack instructions. (If you prefer a crispier gnocchi, pan fry it to cook it for 5 minutes).
7) Remove the grilled bacon and chop up.
8) Chuck your gnocchi into the pan with the sauce mixture and stir for a couple minutes, sprinkling the chopped bacon on top.
9) Remove the pan from heat, serve up and sprinkle with grated parmesan and more chopped coriander.