This Black Treacle Bacon Crumpets Recipe is one of our ultimate weekend brunches. These savoury crumpets don’t take long to make but they look and taste just as impressive as your favourite weekend brunch spot. Try this easy crumpets recipe for a great breakfast idea with bacon when you want to get a bit more creative with your bacon recipes for breakfast! Our Extra Thick Cut Black Treacle Bacon gives this dish, and any breakfast recipe with bacon, a delicious sweet and smokey twist.
– 1 pack of The Jolly Hog Extra Thick Cut Black Treacle Bacon
– Sourdough Crumpets
– Lime (optional)
– To make this bacon crumpets recipe, start by putting our Black Treacle British Bacon on to cook according to pack instructions. We love grilling ours.
– Whilst that’s cooking, get your crumpet toasted and spread it with a generous portion of butter when it’s still warm.
– Remove the avocado from its stone and skin and mash it in a bowl. Add a quick squeeze of lime and a crack of black pepper and salt. Use a warm spoon to scoop it up into a nice looking side on the plate.
– In the meantime, poach your eggs, making sure to leave perfect golden runny yolks. Our top tips for perfect poached eggs? Add a splash of vinegar to the water, and add your egg as close to the water as you can to prevent it from splitting.
– Layer up your savoury crumpets recipe with our British bacon and the poached egg.
– Chop parsley into small bits and sprinkle on a handful. Crumble feta into small chunks and sprinkle on top too.