Get creative with your Taco Tuesdays by swapping mince for a pack of our Proper Porker sausages, chopped up and fried with spicy seasoning and onions. Tacos are the perfect way to disguise vegetables for fussy little ones, and great for throwing in whatever’s in the fridge. Here’s the recipe!
– 1 pack of Jolly Hog Sausages
– Olive oil
– Sliced peppers
– Sliced onions
– 4 tomatoes
– Half a red onion
– 1 small clove of garlic
– 1/2 lime
– White wine or red wine vinegar
– Chopped corriander
1) Start by peeling the skins off our Proper Porkers.
2) Add all the sausage meat into a Cast Iron grill or BBQ pan. You could also use foil if you don’t have these pans or simply fry the sausage meat in a frying pan indoors.
3) Stir the meat until it breaks up into a mince and then leave to grill until fully cooked.
4) To sneak in a few extra veggies, add sliced peppers and sliced onions into the pan for the last few minutes to give them a smokey grilled flavour.
5) Add the sausage meat into your tacos or tortillas.
Check out our BBQ Pork Ribs Tacos Recipe for a homemade guacamole recipe or have a whack at making a tomato salsa. Here’s a quick and easy recipe for a tomato salsa that’s not too spicy to be safe for the kids, but still packs a punch of flavour:
1) Chop 4 tomatoes into small chunks and half a red onion into even smaller chunks!
2) Chop 1 small clove of garlic and add to a bowl with the other ingredients.
3) Stir in the juice of 1/2 a lime, a small splash of white wine or red wine vinegar & chuck in some finely chopped coriander and a sprinkle of pepper.
4) Mix the ingredients together & plop them in your sausage tacos!