We’re labelling this Pulled Pork Mexican Buddha Bowl the perfect dish for summer. Our delicious BBQ Pulled Pork tastes so good with these fresh Mexican flavours and this simple recipe is so quick that it hardly counts as a recipe at all. Give it a go with our Pulled Pork or Ribs and save your leftovers to wrap in a tortilla for a burrito.
• 1 pack of Jolly Hog BBQ Pulled Pork
• Brown Rice
• 1 small red onion
• 1 medium jalapeño
• 1/4 cup lime juice
• Sprinkle of salt
• 4 large tomatoes
• Pinto beans (optinal)
• Avocado (optional)
1) Pop our BBQ Pulled Pork into the oven and cook for 35 mins according to pack instructions.
2) In the mean time, set some brown rice to boil until it’s cooked.
3) Make your own Pico De Gallo by chopping up 1 small red onion and 1 medium jalapeño (or add another if you’re feeling spicy).
4) Mix the onion & jalapeño with 1/4 cup lime juice & a sprinkle of salt then set aside.
5) Chop 4 large tomatoes and a handful of cilantro then add them to the bowl and stir to combine all the juicy flavours. To maximise the flavour, let the pico de gallo chill in the fridge until the rest of your food is ready.
6) When it’s cooked, plate up your Pulled Pork with rice, pinto beans, avocado and the pico de gallo.
7) Serve with nachos and cold beers to cool you down from all your cooking. Still hungry? Serve with tortillas and have fun making your own burritos.