Now here’s a real simple recipe with an anything-but-ordinary taste. Shake up your usual taco evening with some of our slow cooked BBQ Ribs or try it with our BBQ Pulled Pork too. The tangy apple and smokey BBQ flavouring goes perfect with salsa!
• 1 pack of BBQ Slow Cooked Ribs.
• Guacamole (from an avocado)
• Large tomato
• Handful of coriander
• Red onion
• 1 lime
1) Start by cooking our BBQ ribs according to packaging instructions and remove the melt-in-your-mouth meat from the bone.
2) If you fancy yourself a bit of a foodie, have a go at making your own guacamole, but we won’t judge you for cheating and buying your own! If you want to make some fresh, start by halving and de-stoning 3 avocados, scooping out their deliciousness into a bowl.
3) Chop to pieces a large tomato and tip the pieces into the bowl with a handful of coriander, one chopped red onion and season with salt and pepper. Depending on how spicy you like it, add one deseeded and chopped chilli, and the juice of a lime for a zesty kick.
4) Whisk together all the ingredients & serve immediately for maximum freshness. To save for leftovers, keep the avocado stone in the bowl in the fridge to stop it browning.
5) Heat up some oil in a frying pan and chuck in your tortilla of choice (you can use corn wraps for a more authentic Mexican taste, and for a gluten free option!)
6) Load up your wraps with guacamole and our sticky treacle BBQ pork ribs and any other toppings you fancy.