We’ve created the ultimate side dish recipe for your BBQ, our Pigs in Blankets (wrapped in black treacle bacon) with a cranberry glaze. The perfect combo of smokey and sweet, these mini sausages are a real crowd pleaser – perfect for socially distanced garden parties and picky little piglets! Give this recipe a go or try our Cranberry BBQ Halloumi & Streaky Bacon Parcels too!
• 1 pack of Jolly Hog Pigs in Blankets
• A sprig of rosemary
• Cranberry sauce
1) Pick up a pack of our Pigs in Blankets (these beauties are mini versions of our Proper Porkers, wrapped in our Black Treacle Bacon for a delicious sweetness).
2) If you like a more herby flavour – or you’re feeling fancy – plop a sprig of rosemary under the blanket of the pigs.
3) Add the PIBS to the BBQ and flip occasionally until cooked & bronzed. If you don’t have a BBQ, do not despair, as these also taste epic under the grill.
4) For this recipe you can cheat and just use cranberry sauce (we’re not judging you 😉) but for some extra flavour, combine cranberry sauce with a splash of orange juice & a bit of chilli sauce of your choice.
5) Stir this mixture over a medium sauce until it’s fully heated through.
6) Now have fun dipping your Pigs in Blankets into the cranberry sauce & fighting over who gets the last one.