These sausage skewers are the perfect easy BBQ food. If you’re looking for easy BBQ ideas for a crowd, you want to add this to your list of BBQ food ideas. The rum and lime glaze takes these sticky sausages to the next level whilst the pineapple glaze adds a sweetness and spiciness – plus it looks really cool! Cooking sausages on skewers like this makes for a great BBQ sharing dish and saves you time on flipping and tending to the sausages, leaving you more time to enjoy some cocktails with your BBQ guests. We’ve also given these BBQ sausage skewers a go with chimichurri sauce so if you love this recipe, make sure to try our chimichurri sausage skewers recipe a go too.
– 2 x packs of The Jolly Hog Proper Porkers British Sausages
– 2 tbsp of Dead Mans Fingers Spiced Rum
– Pineapple chunks
– 1 x small red chilli
– 1 x red onion
– Start by making the pineapple salsa. If you’re looking for more BBQ food ideas, you can try these skewers with our chimichurri sauce recipe, or mix it up with new versions and glazes you come up with yourself.
– Chop your pineapple chunks into small bits. Next chop a small red chilli and finely dice a red onion. Combine the pineapple salsa in a bowl and drizzle the juice of half a lime.
– To make your BBQ sausage skewers, lay the pack of sausages out and then skewer each sausage at a time from both ends. Do this with each sausage until they’re all skewered.
– Take the skewers and place them onto the hot BBQ. Cook until golden and browned on both sides, flipping half way.
– After you’ve flipped half way, glaze the sausages with a lime and rum glaze. Combine a few tbsps of rum with the juice of the other half of the lime. Brush that on the sausages.
– Once the sausages are sizzling and cooked on both sides, add the pineapple salsa on top and tuck in.