We’ve loved these pigs in blanket parcels since our mum made them for us as a child. It doesn’t get more comforting than these bacon wrapped stuffing balls (or porky parcels we call them in our house). Go big and have them for starters for your Christmas Dinner or Sunday Roast, save them for a side dish or switch your stuffing out for these pimped up pigs in blankets. With national shortages of Pigs in blankets this year, try making your own pigs in blankets with this alternative pigs in blankets recipe.
– Take a pack of our Caramelised Porker sausages – these make for the best stuffing balls thanks to their sweet caramelised onion flavour. Squeeze the sausage meat out of their skins and combine the meat in a bowl.
– Decide how many parcels you’re going to make and divide the meat into even sized spheres. Use your hands to roll the meat into your stuffing balls.
– Wrap each stuffing ball with a rasher of our Streaky Bacon, overlapping the bacon at the end & add them to an oven tray.
– Cook the pigs in blankets parcels for 25-30 minutes on 180. After this time, remove them from the oven and brush them with a glaze – we love using cranberry, apple sauce or honey mustard. Return to the oven for 5 minutes.
– Leave a few minutes to allow these bacon wrapped stuffing balls to cool before tucking into them.