Bacon Butter Roast Potatoes Recipe with Bacon
Want to try the ultimate roast potatoes recipe with bacon? These bacon butter roast potatoes are truly the best roast potato recipe. Our great taste award winning Black Treacle British Bacon gives these roast potatoes a lovely sweetness, as does the confit garlic. This confit garlic roast potatoes recipe sounds fancy but it couldn’t be easier! Give this British roast potatoes recipe a go. For the ultimate Christmas dinner side dish recipe or Sunday Roast dinner side dish recipe, make this roast potatoes with bacon to impress your guests!
Maris Piper Potatoes
Garlic cloves x 6/8
Parsley or rosemary (optional)
To make 250g bacon butter:
– 250g salted butter
–2 rashers of The Jolly Hog Black Treacle British Bacon (2 more rashers are optional to sprinkle on top of the roasties like we did for the ultimate roast potato recipe with bacon)
- Start this ultimate roast potatoes recipe by peeling your potatoes. Put them in cold water when peeled to keep them fresh.
- Boil the potatoes for 6-8 minutes depending on how many you’re cooking. When you put a fork in them it should not be hard to pierce them.
- Leave them to dry in the colander after draining them. Wait a while as if they’re drier they’ll go more crispy. You can shake them around a bit in the colander to fluff them up to make them extra crispy.
- Meanwhile, heat goose fat in a roasting tray on 200c heat.
- When the oil is hot – about 8/10 mins – pour the roast potatoes in carefully to the pan and coat with the goose fat. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- At this point, put in the whole cloves of garlic allowing them to become confit garlic for your confit garlic roast potatoes recipe. Put the tray in the oven to cook for 25 mins before checking on them.
- In the meantime, cook your bacon until crispy, according to pack instructions. Reserve some of the bacon fat if you can. Chop the crispy bacon into small pieces
- Add your butter, bacon and the bacon fat into a food processor and blend until it’s all well mixed and spread out. We reserved a bit of the bacon to sprinkle on top of these roast potatoes with bacon for extra pizzaz!
- Remove your roast potatoes from the oven and cover in the butter. Allow the garlic cloves to cool slightly before squeezing out the confit garlic into the tray for sweet and punchy potatoes.
- Roast the potatoes until they are crispy all over and cooked through. We like serving these up with a sprinkle of the bacon and some punchy mustard!
- You can take this bacon roast potatoes recipe even further by adding a sprinkling of parmesan!