We love bacon pancakes, but we wanted to mix it up from the usual maple syrup and banana combinations. Step forward this bacon pancakes recipe with kimchi, spicy sauce, our Oak & Beech Smoked Streaky Bacon & a fried egg. The spicy combination makes this savoury pancakes recipe perfect for brunch, lunch or dinner. If you want to try some new Pancake Day toppings ideas, you’ll love this spicy combo. This recipe is inspired by Asian pancake recipes, which use scallion pancakes, which you could even try do instead of sweet pancakes, but we personally love the sweet and savoury combination of the pancakes with savoury toppings.
– 1 pack of The Jolly Hog Oak & Beech Smoked British Streaky Bacon
– Vadasz Deli Kimchi
– 3 eggs (one for on top of the pancake stack)
– 200ml Milk
– 200g self-raising flour
– 1 1/4-1/2 tsp baking powder
– 50g Butter
– To start making your bacon pancakes recipe, add the flour to a bowl.
– Add baking powder and a pinch of salt. You can add sugar to make this combination even more of a sweet and savoury combo.
– Crack in 2 large eggs and stir.
– Next, add the milk and melted butter. Use around half of the butter for the pancake mixture, the rest for frying.
– Whisk the mixture together with an electric whisk if you have one. If not, use a fork or a regular whisk. Try to get it smooth.
– Heat some of your butter in a non-stick frying pan (the non-stick bit is essential). Get it to a medium heat then you are ready to add your pancakes.
– To make your pancakes more easy to shape, pour the mixture into a jug before pouring it into the pan. Don’t pour the pancakes too close together, make them smaller circles then you want them to be when you pour as they will get larger.
– Cook them for 1-2 mins and then flip when the surface starts to bubble. Repeat on the other side.
– Load up your pancakes with your pancake toppings. Add the smoked streaky bacon, then top with kimchi and your fried egg (you can cook this separately whilst your pancakes are cooking). Drizzle with a spicy sauce of your choice and tuck in.