Consider these bacon and cranberry puff pastry cheese twists your ultimate snack for the festive season. They’re ridiculously easy to make and the bacon, cranberry, cheese and puff pastry combine to make the most indulgent and delicious snack. Pack them for lunches or serve them up as Christmas party food. You can also make these bacon and cranberry puff pastry cheese twists for a yummy Christmas breakfast idea, or serve them up as snacks on Christmas Day to keep the hungry kids picking at the Christmas dinner!
– 1 pack of our The Jolly Hog British Smoked Streaky Bacon
– 1 pack of Puff pastry
– 4 tbsp cranberry sauce (we like using Sauce Shop’s Spiced Cranberry Ketchup)
– English mustard
– 100g grated cheddar or mozzarella
– 1 egg
– Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
– Roll out 1 pack of pre-rolled puff pastry onto the surface. Turn the pastry so the longest side is facing you.
– Spread cranberry sauce over the whole of the pastry (you could switch this for 1 tbsp of English mustard if you’re not a fan of cranberry sauce but we love it for these festive pastry cheese twists).
– Add the grated cheddar or mozzarella to make this dish extra cheesy. You can make these twists dairy free by not including cheese at his point.
– Lay out a pack of our streaky bacon onto the pastry, leaving a small gap in between each rasher.
– Cut the pastry in between each rasher and then twist each piece of pastry 4/5 times making it into a pencil shape with curls.
– Repeat the process until all your pastry and bacon has been used and then place them on the baking tray spaced out.
– Chill the straws in the fridge for 15-20 minutes whilst heating the oven to 220c.
– In a bowl, crack an egg and beat it, then brush the twists with the egg mixture.
Reduce your oven heat to 200 degrees and pop in your twists for 20 to 25 minutes. The pastry should rise and turn golden, with the bacon going crispy.
– Serve the twists with a baked camembert for an extra indulgent party snack.