BACON & CRANBERRY SAUCE CHEESE TWISTS CANDY CANES
These cheese twists have been pimped up for an extra special Christmas addition – made into candy canes and laced with festive Cranberry sauce. Get the kids involved making these and serve them up as part of a Boxing Day Breakfast platter or the perfect porky snack to keep you fuelled for all the Christmas cooking! If you’ve not tried the combo of bacon, cheese & cranberry before you are missing out!
- 1 x pack of The Jolly Hog Streaky Bacon
- 1 x pack of puff pastry
- 1 tbsp Cranberry sauce
- 100g parmesan or cheddar grated
- 1 Clarence Court egg, beaten.
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 200c.
- Line an oven tray with greaseproof paper.
- Take your puff pastry and roll it out into a large rectangle, doing so on a floured surface.
- Turn the pastry so that it’s horizontal and spread your cranberry sauce all over it.
- Sprinkle your cheese of choice on top of the cranberry sauce.
- Take a pack of our Jolly Hog Streaky Bacon and lay each one onto the pastry, leaving a gap in between each rasher.
- Cut the cheese twists in the gaps between the bacon. Now time to make them into twists!
- Slowly twist the pastry around the piece of bacon (about 4 times). Start at the bottom by making it into a normal curly straw cheese twist, but loop it over at the top into a candy cane shape.
- Place the bacon and cheese candy canes onto the greaseproof paper and brush them with a beaten egg to make sure they go golden.
- Pop the twists in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the bacon has crisped and the pastry has begun to brown. These are best eaten hot so tuck in immediately!