Ready in less than 20 minutes, this delicious Hoisin style Pork is sticky, sweet and a little bit spicy – the perfect combo. Serve it with noodles & rice for a Friday night fakeaway or keep it light for a healthy dinner packed full of greens. You can use any of our sausages for this recipe but the Caramelised Porkers add a delicious sweetness that you do not want to miss.
– 1 pack of Jolly Hog Caramelised Porkers
– 1 tbsp ginger
– 1 tbsp garlic
– 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar (optional)
– 1/2 a red chilli
– 1 tbsp peanut butter
– 2 tbsp Soy sauce
– Sesame oil (or coconut oil)
– 2 spring onions chopped (optional)
– Sesame seeds (optional)
1. Start by removing the skins from our sausages by running a knife down the length of each sausage. Remove the meat and chop into small chunks.
2. Use a grater to make about 1 tbsp of ginger and 1 tbsp of garlic. Chop your chilli into small bits (add more chilli or remove it entirely depending on your spice preference).
3. In a small bowl, combine the rice wine vinegar, peanut butter & soy sauce and stir to make your hoisin style sauce. Add sesame oil or a dash of water if you want it more liquid.
4. Heat a frying pan to medium heat and add sesame oil & once it’s hot, add the chilli, ginger & garlic.
5. After a minute or two, add your sausage meat into the pan & use your spatula to break it up. Mix it in with all the spicy goodness so the flavours are throughout.
6. Once the sausage has browned and crisped up, add in your Hoisin style sauce to the pan. Make sure all the sausages are covered & crisp then remove from the pan.
7. Finish by sprinkling the spring onions & sesame seeds over the sausage & serve with pickled cucumber & pak choi.