Mustard sausage bagel recipe
This mustard sausage bagel recipe is the ultimate Winter breakfast idea. We love a good sausage sandwich recipe but this bacon and egg bagel takes it to a whole new level. This festive brunch bagel recipe is also the ultimate cure for one too many pre-Christmas celebrations!
Stacked high with top notch ingredients and flavour, sink your teeth into our award winning sage and black pepper Proper Porker British Sausages and our Double Smoked British Bacon, with punchy Tracklements mustard ketchup, golden St Ewe eggs and some avocado in there for some goodness. You’ll be feeling better (and asking for a second portion) in no time.
Try this for a Christmas brunch recipe or Boxing day brunch recipe or simply to take your classic brunch bagel recipe to the next level!
3 The Jolly Hog Proper Porkers British Sausages
2 rashers The Jolly Hog Smoked Back British Bacon
1 tbsp rapeseed oil, for frying
1 large St Ewes Free Range Egg
1 seeded bagel
1 tbsp salted butter
15g rocket leaves
Tracklements Sweet Mustard Ketchup
- To make this mustard sausage bagel recipe, begin by preheating the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Place the sausages on a baking tray and cook for 20 – 25 minutes. In the last 10 minutes, add the bacon and cook until crispy.
- In the meantime, heat the oven in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Once hot, turn the heat down to medium and crack in the egg. Fry for 3 – 4 minutes until the white is set and crispy round the edge but the yolk is still runny.
- Cut the bagel in half and a toast until golden and butter generously. Top the bottom of the toasted bagel with a handful of rocket leaves followed by avocado slices.
- Add the cooked bacon and sausages followed by a generous glug of mustard mayo. Add the fried egg followed by the bagel top and squeeze to break the egg.
- Serve immediately and enjoy as a breakfast bagel recipe, sausage sandwich recipe or maybe even a Boxing day brunch recipe!