Sticky Sausage Skewers Recipe
This sticky sausage skewers recipe is one of our best Christmas recipes for switching it up with your festive food, your Christmas dinner or your Sunday Roast alternative. The sweet pork and apple sausage skewers give all the flavours of Christmas and are super easy, making them the perfect Christmas entertaining recipe for a crowd. If you want to try an easy but scrumptious Christmas sharer recipe, give these cider chutney glazed sausages a go.
These sticky sausage skewers are an all mighty centrepiece that don’t come with the mighty workload. Our great taste award winning peppery Proper Porkers British Sausages are paired with Tracklements sweet Apple & Cider Chutney and this homemade Winter apple and fennel slaw for a taste sensation and perfect festive sharer.
Take this one step further and wrap the sausages with our Double Smoked Streaky Bacon for a pigs in blankets sharer to feed the whole family. Find more Christmas food ideas on our site!
SERVES 4 – 6:
2 packs The Jolly Hog Proper Porkers British Sausages
2 heaped tbsp Tracklements Apple and Cider Brandy Chutney
FOR THE SLAW
2 Bulbs Fennel (shaved, fine)
4 Granny Smith Apples (Julienne)
1/2 Sweetheart Cabbage (Chiffonade)
1/2 small bunch of Dill (Chiffonade)
200g Crème Fraiche
1 tbsp Tracklements Dijon Mustard
Juice of 2 Lemons
2 tbsp White wine vinegar
1 tsp Honey Rowse
Extra Tracklements Apple & Cider Chutney
YOU WILL NEED
4 long metal skewers
- To make this sticky sausage skewers recipe. preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
- Line up 6 sausages on a clean surface before carefully skewering with two metal skewers – try not to squash the sausages too much or damage the skins. Space the sausages along the skewers so they have plenty of room to cook. Repeat with the second packet and last two skewers.
- Place the sausages on a large baking tray and bake in the over for 10 minutes. In the meantime, place the chutney in a heatproof bowl and loosen with 1tbsp boil water – this is your glaze.
- Remove the sausages from the oven and brush half the glaze over the sausages. Return to the oven for 5 minutes before removing them once again from the oven, brushing with the remaining glaze and returning to the oven for a final 5 minutes.
- Once the sausages are golden and sticky, simply serve alongside the prepared slaw and a small bowl of extra Tracklements Apple & Cider Chutney.
To make the Winter slaw (optional):
- Next make your slaw. (NB – After julienning the apples, instantly cover and toss in lemon juice, to stop from colouring)
- Combine the prepped fennel, apple and cabbage and weigh. Calculate 2% of the weight of the vegetables and apple, and weigh that amount of celery salt out.
- Sprinkle over the vegetables and apple and mix well. Then scrunch in the salt into the veg and apple (this helps break them down and release water).
- Set in a colander in the fridge overnight with a weight on.
- Take out of the fridge and, using a clean tea towel, take clumps of the mix and wring it out to get as much moisture as possible out.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together. Taste and adjust acid and sweetness.
- Mix the seasoned Crème Fraiche through the slaw mixture.