Winter Bruschetta Christmas canapé recipe
This Christmas bruschetta recipe is an ideal Christmas canapé recipe to have up your sleeve this festive season. Bruschetta bread bites are a great Christmas party food idea that take little to no time to prep and allow you to get creative with the crostini toppings or bruschetta toppings – pigs in blankets topped anyone?! Try this Winter bruschetta recipe with different toppings for more Christmas party food recipes, you could even use a drizzle of honey mustard or a cranberry sauce for this bacon crostini recipe.
Whether it’s for the party food you said you’d help home make, keeping hungry guests out the kitchen, or as a boujee Christmas canapé, this crispy bruschetta will do the job. Combining creamy brie with sweet Tracklements Caramelised Onion Marmalade and our The Jolly Hog Double Smoked Streaky Bacon, bite into the ultimate festive snack.
1 pack The Jolly Hog Double Smoked Streaky Bacon
2 part-bake baguettes
15g hazelnuts, without skins
15g walnut pieces
50g Tracklements Caramelised Onion Marmalade
Fresh thyme sprigs
Cracked black pepper
- Start this Christmas bruschetta recipe by laying the bacon flat on a baking tray and place under a medium-high grill for 5-8 minutes until the bacon is caramelised and really crisp. Place on some kitchen roll to cool and crisp up further.
- Place the baguettes on a baking tray and cook according to packet instructions. Remove from the oven and when cool enough to touch, using a sharp bread knife, slice the baguettes into 2cm thick slices on the diagonal.
- Whilst the oven is one add the hazelnuts and walnuts to a baking tray and toast in the oven for 4 minutes or until golden. Be sure to shake the nuts half way through toasting to ensure they do not burn. Once toasted, remove from the oven, allow to cool before roughly chopping and setting aside.
- Place the bruschetta pieces back on the baking tray, cut side up, and turn the grill down to medium-low.
- Spread each piece of bread with some caramelised onion chutney. Cut the brie into pieces the same length as the bruschetta. Place the brie on top of the chutney and place under the grill for 2 minutes until the brie has just melted.
- Take the crispy bacon and snap into shards. Remove the bruschettas from the grill and place on a serving plate. Finish each bruschetta with a shard of crispy bacon, a generous sprinkling of toasted nuts and a sprig of thyme.
- Crack over fresh pepper over this ultimate Christmas canapé recipe before serving immediately.