– The Jolly Hog Proper Porkers or our Caramelised Porker sausages (caramelised onion sausages)
– The Jolly Hog Double Smoked Streaky Bacon
– Olive oil
– Crème fraîche
– Pine nuts
– To make this sausage orzo pasta, start by frying off the garlic and onions in butter.
– Add the chopped British bacon. (you can make this just a bacon orzo recipe or just a sausage orzo recipe if you don’t have both in the house!)
– Remove the sausage meat from their casings by squeezing them out into the pan. Add it to the pan to cook.
– Once the bacon and sausages have crisped up and browned, add in the crème fraîche, mint, peas and asparagus.
– Add some chopped basil to the mix with salt and pepper. Grate in the parmesan.
– Boil your orzo in a pan and then mix it into the rest of the dish when cooked. Make sure to save some of the pasta water and mix it into the orzo dish to make the sauce silkier.
– Serve with toasted pine nuts and a squeeze of lemon. For more sausage orzo pasta recipes, head to our Cook page!