Tomato & Bacon Gnocchi Recipe
This tomato and bacon gnocchi recipe is comfort food done right. We’re always on the look out for more tomato gnocchi recipes as we’re a little bit obsessed, and this combination of the sweet juicy tomatoes with our Double Smoked Streaky British Bacon
. giving the dish a lovely smokiness to cut through the cheesy mozzarella, is just exceptional! If you want more ideas for potato gnocchi recipes, this bacon gnocchi recipe is a great one to start with. It’s super easy and delicious and you can add any ingredients or veggies you have lying around in the fridge, making it great for food waste! Our team used a Mob Kitchen potato gnocchi recipe
(recipe below) but with a jolly good twist by using our British Streaky Bacon.
- Add our British streaky bacon to a frying pan and cook until crispy.
- Add your cherry tomatoes and cook until they start to burst. Chop your garlic and add it to the pan. Stir and add your spinach and basil leaves.
- Once they have wilted, mix everything together. Season with salt and pepper. Bubble down until the sauce is thick and rich.
- While the sauce is thickening, put your gnocchi into a bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Once the sauce has thickened remove from the heat. Drain gnocchi and stir it in to the sauce.
- Pour the gnocchi into a baking dish and flatten it out. Tear two balls of mozzarella over the top. Cover the whole dish with grated Parmesan, season with pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Place under the grill for 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbling.