Looking for the best bacon sandwich recipe? This top notch egg and bacon sandwich recipe is the perfect quick and delicious breakfast option. Whether you want your bacon sarnie in the morning, as a lunch time treat or as a speedy dinner, this posh egg and bacon sandwich recipe is the one for you! Made extra delicious with our Double Smoked British Bacon, giving the sarnie a tasty smokey finish.
1 pack The Jolly Hog Smoked Back Bacon
1 ripe avocado
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
2 good-quality free range eggs
4 slices thick-cut bread
Butter, for spreading
Rocket leaf, approx. 20g
Sauce, of choice (we think red pesto, sriracha mayo or chilli jam works great!)
– Heat the grill to medium-high.
– Lay the bacon rashers on a grill pan and place under the grill for 4 – 8 minutes depending on your preference of crispiness. Turn the bacon once in this time.
– Whilst the bacon is cooking, cut the avocado in half, carefully discard of the stone and gently remove the flesh from the skin. Place on a chopping board and slice. Season the avocado slices generously with salt and pepper.
– Heat the oil over a medium-high heat before carefully cracking in the eggs. Fry over a medium heat for 4 – 5 minutes until the white has set but the yolk is still runny. Season with salt and pepper.
– Take your slices of bread and butter generously – the bread can also be toasted at this point if desired. Top two slices with the rocket before carefully laying on the seasoned avocado.
– Lay on the crispy bacon next followed by the fried eggs. Spread your chosen sauce on the remaining bread if using and place on top of the egg. Serve immediately and enjoy.