This homemade garlic bread recipe with bacon is the ULTIMATE sharer. This giant garlic cheesy tear n share bread with bacon is perfect for Summer garden parties, big family dinners, the ultimate side dish recipe or picnic food. The garlic tear and share recipe is made delicious from the gooey mozzarella cheese, crispy smoked British bacon and punchy garlic. Try the cheesy garlic bread with your next BBQ or pasta dinner!
1 pack of The Jolly Hog Double Smoked Streaky British Bacon
1x Loaf of sourdough bread
1x Block of unsalted butter
2x Bulbs of garlic
1x Pack of parsley – finely chopped
1x Pack of grated mozzarella
– Roast the bulbs of garlic in the oven for half an hour & squeeze out the garlic with the flat side of the knife.
– Add your block of butter, chopped parsley & roasted garlic puree into a bowl and mix until well combined.
– Roll the butter into a sausage like shape, wrap in cling film & refrigerate until hard (ideally overnight)
– Add a pack of streaky to the oven and cook until crisp.
– Grab the sourdough and slice diagonally creating a criss cross pattern – (stop slicing just before the bottom of the bread)
– Slice the butter and stuff into the slits you’ve created in the bread.
– Stuff the rest of the bread with the mozzarella
– Bake in the oven for 20 mins.
– Chop the crispy streaky bacon into small crumb like pieces & add to the bread once out of the oven.