Candied Bacon Cheesecake Recipe
This candied bacon cheesecake recipe is the ultimate indulgent dessert for sweet and savoury lovers! If you love a bacon dessert then you’ll be obsessed with this delicious baked cheesecake recipe made with our British Streaky Bacon. This sweet and savoury dessert is a tasty weekend treat and a great showstopper dessert to whip out to impress friends!
MAKES 8 PORTIONS
-8 digestive biscuits
-600g soft cheese
-250g fresh whipping cream
-100g parmesan cheese
-90g brown sugar
-70g maple syrup
-100g double cream
-14 rashers The Jolly Hog Double Smoked Streaky Bacon
- To make this candied bacon cheesecake recipe, start by preheating the oven to 180 degrees and lining e a cheesecake tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a bowl, crush the digestive biscuits into a crumb.
- Melt the butter and mix it with the biscuits until its a paste. Press that paste into the cheesecake tin and set aside.
- Cook the streaky bacon until crispy and finely chop 7 rashers of it into small pieces and the remaining other rashers into larger chunks of 3. Set aside the bacon for later.
- Mix together the soft cheese, fresh whipping cream, eggs, parmesan cheese and sugar in a bowl and whisk the ingredients together until fully combined and free of lumps.
- Add the flour and whisk again then pour the mix into your baking tin on top of the biscuit base. Cook on 180 degrees for 35 mins.
- After it’s cooked, leave to cool for 2 hours. Make the toppings in the meantime by chopping the pecans and combining butter, brown sugar and maple syrup in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the chopped pecans and chopped bacon and mix. Add in double cream and combine. Bring to a boil again and reduce to a low heat until thickened.
- Pour the topping onto of the cooled cheesecake and stick the chunks of bacon on top. Leave to rest until fully cool then slice when serving!