This delicious sausage naan bread was made for us in our team lunch and is perfect when you’re looking for new sausage recipe ideas. Abbie, Tom and Christine whipped this sausage meat recipe up for us our Monday team lunch but it would be perfect for a breakfast naan too. This sausage naan is made extra special because they used our Apple Porkers, our brand new pork and apple sausages. The drop of honey and British bramley apples in the sausages add a delicious sweetness to this dish, working great with the kick of the fennel and cumin. Mix it up and try it with our different sausage flavours for different sausage recipe ideas. Try our peppery Proper Porkers with this sausage naan for more of a kick, or even swap the sausages out for our thick cut Black Treacle Bacon for a breakfast naan. The team used an Olive magazine recipe but adapted it with our jolly touch using our great taste award winning sausages and adding a lovely Indian style salsa.
– 1 pack of our Apple Porkers, British, Outdoor Bred and RSPCA Assured sausages
– 4 tbsp soft cheese
– 2 green chillies, chopped
– A small bunch coriander, chopped
– ¼ tsp fennel seeds
– ¼ tsp cumin seeds
– 2 eggs
– 2 naans
– 2 tbsp mango chutney
For the Indian style salsa
– Red onion
– Pomegranate seeds
– Start on this sausage naan by mixing the soft cheese with 1/2 the chopped chillies and 1/2 the coriander, and season with a bit of salt and pepper to taste.
– Take a pack of our Apple Porkers – if you’re using this meal for sausage recipe ideas, if not, use some of our extra thick bacon – and squeeze them to squeeze out the sausage meat from one end. This is a great sausage meat recipe, with our great taste award winning sausages making the meat packed with flavour for you.
– Heat oil in a frying pan and then use a spatula to break up the sausage meat as you fry. Keep cooking until the sausage meat is golden and crisp.
– Add the rest of the chilli, fennel and cumin seeds, and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
– In a saucepan, soft boil your eggs to perfection. We like our yolks a bit jammy and on the soft side. You could fry an egg instead, or poach it.
– Heat up your naan for nice warm bread, then cover it with the soft cheese mix and the mango chutney.
– Add your sausage meat and then top with your egg and the coriander and any other seasoning to taste.
– Top the naan with an Indian style salsa made from chopping cucumber, red onion and tomato finely then stirring in pomegranate seeds. Tuck in.