This is Olly, Ugo’s and Mob kitchen’s Mushroom Sausage Orzo recipe. You may have spotted this delicious recipe on Mob Kitchen’s website. It combines three amazing things – orzo, sausages & mushrooms. Olly & Ugo cooked up this mouth watering orzo with our Great Taste Award winning Proper Porker sausages for a seriously satisfying dinner.
1 pack of The Jolly Hog Proper Porker Sausages
40g Dried Porcini Mushrooms
Bunch of Parsley
30g Panko Breadcrumbs
250g Chestnut Mushrooms
3 Cloves of Garlic
1 Tsp Tomato Purée
Handful of Thyme
125ml White Wine
100ml Single Cream
1. Soak your dried mushrooms in 300ml boiling water for 15 mins.
2. Finely chop your parsley.
3. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat with a good drizzle of olive oil. Tip in your breadcrumbs with a pinch of salt & your chopped parsley, then fry for a few mins until crisp and golden. Remove from the heat.
4. Remove the mushrooms from the liquid, reserving the stock. Place your rehydrated mushrooms into your food processor along with your chestnut mushrooms & pulse until you have small chunks.
5. Squeeze your sausages into a pan & cook until crispy, breaking up with the side of your spoon. Tip in your chestnut mushrooms & cook for 5 mins until reduced & caramelising, then pour your wine in.
6. Finely chop your garlic.
7. Get a pan of water on to boil. Season generously with salt, then tip in your orzo and cook until al dente, about 7 mins.
8. Add your tomato purée, garlic & thyme leaves to the pan & cook for 2 mins more. Add your porcini mushroom liquid and let it simmer for a minute.
9. Add your single cream along with a ladle of your pasta water, then tip your orzo into the pan. Grate in your parmesan, then toss to coat the pasta. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
10. Spoon your pasta onto plates, then garnish with olive oil and parmesan. Serve it up!