How do you make a hot cross bun better? Add pigs in blankets of course. We’ve taken a traditional hot cross bun and given it an American twist with this pigs in blanket peanut butter sandwich. This hot cross bun recipe is a fun Easter food idea or to tuck into for Easter breakfast. To take it to the next level, you can even add chilli jam or strawberry jam for a proper peanut butter jelly sandwich!
– Start by cooking your Pigs in Blankets. Cook them according to pack instructions, on 180c for 20-25 minutes.
– Chop the Hot Cross Bun in half then lightly toast both sides until warm and golden.
– Give the hot cross bun a lick of butter.
– Spread a generous portion of Manilife Crunchy Peanut Butter across the bread.
– When your Pigs in Blankets are browned and cooked through, add them to the Hot Cross Bun on top of the peanut butter.
– Smoosh on the lid of your hot cross bun and tuck in.