Ever since we saw beetroot pasta recipes online, we knew we had to try them! This pasta food trend always goes down a treat as a nice meal to impress your loved one (perfect for Valentine’s Day recipes). The kids also love this ham pasta sauce (they still can’t get over pink pasta!) plus we love it because we can sneak one of their five a day into the beetroot pasta sauce without them knowing! If you’re looking for beetroot pasta recipes but can’t find our ham near you, you can try it with our British Outdoor Bred bacon instead. For more ham pasta recipes, check out our Cook page!
– Cooked Beetroot (or cook it yourself in advance)
– Burrata Cheese (or your choice of cheese)
– Olive oil
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 1/2 a white onion
– In terms of ham pasta recipes, this is one of the easiest you’ll find! Start by chopping the garlic and the onion into thin bits. You can leave the onion or garlic out of this ham pasta sauce if you have any intolerances.
– Put your pasta on to cook. Whilst your pasta is cooking, make your beetroot pasta sauce. (P.S. if your children or you aren’t a fan of beetroot sauce, or you fancy a different ham pasta sauce, try our Honey Mustard Ham pasta recipe)
– If you’re making this recipe with our British Outdoor Bred bacon, put it to cook now, if you’re making it with ham you can leave it for now. For either one of these beetroot pasta recipes, make your beetroot pasta sauce by chopping your beetroot.
– Add the beetroot and your chopped garlic & onion into a blender. Add some olive oil to make it into more of a liquid. Blend into a smooth beetroot pasta sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
– For ultimate deliciousness, we pan fried our Black Treacle Ham for a minute or two to crisp it up but you can have it straight out of the pack. Just tear it up and add it to your pasta.
– Drain your pasta and stir it through you beetroot pasta sauce to cover it. Top with our British Ham and your cheese of choice. We love burrata! You can also sprinkle with parsley or chopped nuts for extra protein.