This one’s great for families that are always left squabbling over who gets the last pig in blanket (we’ll mention no names). Solve the problem by making this supersized giant pigs in blankets recipe. There’ll be less fighting involved over this pigs in blankets, plus, with shortages of pigs in blankets in stores, these are a great pigs in blankets alternative. All you need is our chipolata sausages and streaky bacon!
– Preheat your oven to 200c, fan 180c.
– Use a whole rasher of bacon to wrap around each Little Porker, tucking the bacon into itself at the end of the sausage to secure it.
– Repeat the process for each chipolata.
– Line a baking tray with foil or baking paper and spread out the big pigs in blankets on the tray.
– Coat with the honey & mustard glaze by mixing equal honey and wholegrain mustard or using Tracklements robust mustard.
– Pop the sausages in the oven for 18-20 minutes, removing when they are lightly browned and no pink sausage meat remains.
– You can experiment with the glaze for these giant pigs in blankets. Try using mango chutney for a sweet taste, and you can also use our Caramelised Porkers for extra chunky, extra sweet pigs in blankets.