– 1 pack of The Jolly Hog sausages (we love using Caramelised Porkers for this recipe because they add a delicious sweetness)
– 1 pack of The Jolly Hog British Smoked Streaky Bacon
– Tracklements Chilli jam (optional)
– Tracklements Fig chutney (optional)
– Brie (cheddar or Emmental also works great)
– Red cabbage
– Vinegar (red wine or cider vinegar is best)
– Brown sugar
– Start by quick pickling your red cabbage. Chop the cabbage up and add it to a small bowl. Cover the cabbage with vinegar and add a pinch of salt and brown sugar. Leave to pickle.
– If you’re using this as a leftover stuffing recipe, hold off on this step. Start by squeezing the sausage meat out of our sausages into a bowl.
– Mould the sausage meat into burger patties to make your sausage burgers.
– Take a pack of our Smoked Streaky Bacon and place it under the grill. Cook until crispy.
– Whilst your bacon is cooking, fry your sausage burger patties in a frying pan on a medium high heat. Flip halfway through cooking, after the first side of your burger has browned and caramelised.
– Add your cheese of choice as a slice covering the caramelised side of your burger straight after you flip it. Add a lid to your pan to allow your cheese to melt over your burger. Remove the burger from cooking when it’s cooked through and caramelised on both sides.
– Spread a lick of chilli jam and fig chutney on either side of your burger bun.
– Load up the burger with your sausage burger patties, cheese, streaky bacon and finally your quick pickled cabbage.