– 1 pack of The Jolly Hog Proper Porker Sausages
– 175g brown sugar
– 1 tbsp grated ginger
– 4 tbsp fish sauce
– 6 tbsp soy sauce
– 1 lime
– 1 Red chilli (optional)
– Fresh coriander, sesame seeds, spring onion to serve (optional)
– Take a pack of cooked Jolly Hog Proper Porkers and cut them into roughly 5 or 6 sausage bites.
– In a bowl, combine dark soy sauce, fish sauce, grated ginger, the lime juice, and brown sugar for the sticky sauce for your party food recipe.
– Combine the ingredients in a saucepan and stir on a low heat. Continue to stir until the mixture goes into a syrup and bubbles, then remove to cool.
– Add half of the syrup to your sausage bites, saving the rest for dipping. Make sure all the sausages are coated. Leave the sausages to marinate in the fridge for about an hour.
– Grill your sausage bites, on a medium heat, until they are caramelised, taking care not to burn. They should take about 4-6 minutes.
– Chop your cucumber into chunky slices (or cook and cut your bacon at this point if you want to make pigs in blanket themed Christmas party food)
– Place your sausage bites on to the cucumber slices, securing with a cocktail stick if necessary.
– Take the leftover marinade and add the thinly chopped red chilli finely to it (this bit is optional if you don’t like spice or are serving these party food sausage bites to kids). Stir, and then serve as a dip with the skewers. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, fresh coriander and chopped spring onions.