This may be one of the most flavoursome things you’ll eat this year! Hannah, our Head of People, cooked this delicious dish for our team lunch a few weeks ago and we felt it would be mean to hold out & not share it with you lovely lot! Our delicious caramelised porkers are packed full of flavour, filled with sweet caramelised red onions – because onions make it healthy, right? Combining the sweetness of these sausages, alongside the sweet potatoes, with the spiciness of the nduja and the harissa, makes this easy recipe packed full of flavour. Much like with other traybakes, you can leave this to cook whilst you get on with other stuff, or spend time with family. It’s a great recipe for healthy meal prep, just cook it ahead and save it for lunches throughout the week. You can swap out the halloumi, or swap the sweet potatoes out for a side salad for a lighter option. If you don’t have peppers or sweet potato in the house, no problem, try mixing it up with courgettes, red onions or whatever other veg you have in the house.
– 1 pack of our Caramelised Porkers
– 1 tsp Nduja paste
– 2 tbsp Red Harissa paste
– Pomegranate seeds (optional)
– 1-2 Sweet potatoes (can be swapped out for regular potatoes or left out for a lighter lunch!)
– 1-2 red peppers
– Parsley (optional)
– Chop your sweet potatoes into small chunks. The smaller you chop them the quicker they’ll cook!
– Tear or chop your red peppers into the same sized chunks.
– If you’re using halloumi, chop it into – you guessed it – small square blocks.
– Add the halloumi, peppers & sweet potatoes into an oven tray.
– Meanwhile, combine 2 tbsp of olive oil with 2 tbsp red harissa and 1 tsp nduja. If you can’t get nduja, add an extra tsp of harissa – they’re both lovely & spicy. For the non-spice lovers, reduce your harissa, add more oil and leave the nduja out.
– Keep adding oil into the mixture can be drizzled, then pour most of the mixture over the tray before stirring to coat.
– Lay our Caramelised Porkers on top and then drizzle the remaining mixture onto them.
– Cook according to pack instructions (we like grilling ours, turning the sausages & food often but you can also oven cook).
– Serve up with a sprinkling of pomegranate seeds & fresh parsley. We also served this up with hasselback potatoes with a bacon & nut crumb. Let us know if you want the recipe for these too!