You’ve all tried a pork sausage roll, but chicken sausage rolls take it to a whole new level. We love packing one of each for our picnics, lunches or summer garden parties (fingers crossed!). The rosemary & thyme in our Jolly Hen Chicken Sausages ooze with flavour and the juiciness of the chipolata sausages mean these sausage rolls are extra succulent. Try this quick and easy chicken sausage roll recipe!
Recipe makes 4 large or 6 medium.
2 packs of Jolly Hen Chicken Sausages
1 sheet of Puff Pastry
Egg wash (just lightly whisk up one egg)
Sesame seeds (alternatively use poppy seeds or your favourite dried herbs)
• Remove the sausage meat from their casings, buy running a sharp knife along the length of the Porkers. We use the Caramelised Porkers but you can use any flavour of sausage meat.
• Cut the puff pasty sheets into rectangles approximately 10 x 15 cm in size.
• Roll up two/three sausages worth of the sausage meat into well, the shape of a sausage.
• Wrap in the puff pastry and glaze with the egg wash. (TIP: If you don’t own a pastry brush, you can use a bit of kitchen towel)
• Score the top of the pastry, sprinkle on the sesame seeds and bake in a pre-heated oven (185°C) for 25 minutes or until golden brown.