This Caramelised Red Onion Sausage & Couscous Salad recipe is the perfect family meal for summer evenings. The middle-eastern flavours work perfectly with our Caramelised Porkers, making a flavoursome dish ideal for summer sharing.
• 1 pack of Jolly Hog Caramelised Porker sausages
• Red onions
• Olive oil
• Salt and pepper
• Tin of chickpeas
• Pomegranate seeds
• Chopped mint
• Greek Yoghurt
1) We call this a recipe but it’s actually dead easy. Start by chopping up red onions and add to a roasting tray.
2) Make sure to coat them with oil and salt and pepper. Chuck the tray in the oven to roast for 30 mins.
3) If you feel like going to a bit more effort, at this point drain your chickpeas and chuck them in the oven to roast for 20 mins, seasoning them too with oil and spices.
4) When you’ve got 10 mins left of roasting, pop our Caramelised Porkers under the grill and cook according to pack instructions.
5) At the same time, bring some water to boil in a saucepan and add wholegrain giant couscous. Boil for 8-10 mins or until the couscous is tender before draining it. If you’re not feeling so fancy, or don’t have the ingredients in the house, you can switch this for rice.
5) Once it’s all ready, lay the sausages on a bed of couscous.
6) Add your chickpeas (or pine nuts go well too), pomegranate seeds, chopped mint, coriander and a zhoug yoghurt. Plop on some Greek Yoghurt on top for extra flavour & protein ?