Bun Cha is a traditional Vietnamese dish which is packed full of flavour and veggies. Try our sausage meatball Bun Cha noodles recipe when you’re fancying a tasty dish which takes very little time to make. Quick, easy but still delicious, we’ve switched the traditional Vietnamese pork meatballs for ones made out of our sausages. We used proper porkers but why not try it with our Porky Black sausages for an extra tang.
A pack of The Jolly Hog Proper Porker Sausages
200g rice noodles (To make the dish fully gluten free! This normally equates to two nests of noodles in a pack)
1 bulb of little gem lettuce
Sesame oil (or coconut oil works great too)
4 garlic cloves
A decent chunk of ginger
Small handful of fresh mint
1 and a half red chilli
15 ml rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
1 tbsp sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 200c or 200c fan.
2. Take your bulbs of garlic and smash them before chopping them into thin pieces. Do the same for the ginger.
3. Take a knife and run it down the length of the skin of the sausages. Repeat for each sausage, discarding the skins and adding the sausage meat to a bowl.
4. Use a spoon to mush up the sausage meat and combine it.
5. Add the honey, ginger and the garlic to the sausage meat and season to your liking. Stir around to make sure the seasoning is spread throughout the pork.
6. Time to get your hands dirty ?Roll the sausage meat into 10 or so meatballs. They don’t have to be even balls but try and get them similar for cooking times. Add them to the oven and cook for 12 mins. Check they’re fully cooked through before removing from the oven.
7. Boil your kettle and cook your noodles according to pack instructions. Leave to cook whilst completing the rest of the recipe.
8. Chop the ends off your carrot, peel their outer edge and discard, then continue to peel to create a pile of carrot ribbons. If you can’t be bothered with making it look pretty, just chop the carrots into batons. Mix the carrot in a bowl with rice vinegar.
9. Chop your red chillies and mint finely.
10. In a small bowl, combine the chilli, fish sauce, sesame oil, 1 tbsp of sugar and the juice of half a lime to make a dressing.
11. Chuck your lettuce in your bowl (once you’ve chopped off the ends), then add your noodles, carrots and porky sausage meatballs.
12. Drizzle the dish with your dressing and garnish with the mint and chilli.