Fancy a bit of a change for dinner? Try these sweet and sticky Asian glazed sausage skewers. This recipe is super simple, and a favourite for family meals. These sausage skewers also work great on the BBQ and you can switch their Asian glaze for different flavours like onion or mango chutney, cranberry sauce, or honey and mustard ? To serve 4:
• 1 pack of Proper Porker sausages
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 tsp of ginger
• 2 tbsp soy sauce
• Chinese five spice
• 2 tbsp honey
• Sesame oil
• 2 red onions
• Red cabbage, carrots, apple, fennel & coriander (for optional Winter slaw)
1) Mince 2 cloves of garlic and a small portion of ginger, chopping them up into tiny pieces.
2) Set your wooden skewers to soak in water for a tiny bit so that they are oven or BBQ safe.
3) Add the garlic and ginger to a bowl with 2 tbsp of soy sauce, Chinese five spice (extra if you like it spicy), 2 tbsp of honey and a drop of sesame oil to make a delicious Asian glaze.
4) Get a pack of our Proper Porkers and chop them with scissors to halve them. Chop 2 red onions into quarters.
5) Skewer your onions and sausages by skewering the sausages length wise.
6) Use a brush to coat the skewers with the sticky Asian glaze.
7) Pop the sausages under the grill (or on the BBQ) for a few minutes before turning. Repeat until the sausages have browned and are cooked in the middle.
8) Serve with an Asian Slaw. We used carrots, red cabbage, apple, fennel, coriander and roasted peanuts (pop them in the oven for 10 minutes and they make a great snack too).
9) Chuck sesame seeds over your sticky sausages.
10) If you’re wanting to go the whole hog and impress create a dressing for the salad by mixing a teaspoon of lime juice, a teaspoon of soy and a teaspoon of sesame. Yum.