Pigs in Blankets & Brie Christmas Burgers
Have you tried Pigs in Blankets in a burger? You will be kicking yourself once you try this Christmas burger recipe that you haven’t tried it before. The flavour combination of the black treacle bacon wrapped around our pigs in blankets, with chilli jam and brie is insane (but you can also try switching it up for cranberry jam for a more festive feel!). These are perfect for using up Christmas dinner leftovers (if there ever is any!)
- 1 x pack of The Jolly Hog Pigs in Blankets
- 2 x beef burgers (or make it extra porky and switch to use our sausages, making your own patties)
- Brie (as much as you want, we used a quarter to half a pack or so)
- Tracklements Chilli Jam
- Brioche Buns
- Sauerkraut (or red cabbage)
- Start by popping a pack of our Pigs in Blankets in the oven according to pack instructions.
- Chop brie into thin slices to go on top of your burger.
- Put your beef burger into the pan (or follow our instructions here if you’re making a pork burger). Bring it to a high heat with butter.
- Once the patty has been on for a few minutes on one side, and looks cooked on that side, flip it over.
- Add your cheesy brie slices on top of the cooked side of the patty and put a lid on your pan. This will make the cheese go all gooey around the burger. Yum.
- Once the burger has finished cooking, put on a plate to rest for a second.
- Keep the pan on and add your burger buns, sliced in half, to the pan for a minute or two. This will make them warm and slightly crispy, soaking in the leftover yummy oils from the burgers.
- Put kale to steam for 2 minutes then drain.
- Spread chilli jam across your bottom half of the burger bun, then add your burger patty with the brie on top.
- Nestle your pigs in blankets into the burger between the patty and the kale and then sneak in some sauerkraut. You can use raw red cabbage or pickled red cabbage if preferred!