– 1 pack of Porky Black Sausages
– Brioche Buns
– Gluten free flour (optional)
– Cooking apples
– Brown sugar
1.Slice the skin of your Porky Blacks down the long side of the sausage. Put the skin aside and use your hands to take the sausage meat out.
2. We use two sausages per burger because why hold back? ? After you’ve repeated this with the second sausage, place the two sausage meat piles together and mould them into a burger patty shape.
3. You can use flour (our gluten free flour) to make the sausages hold their shape a bit more. If you do, just sprinkle some on top.
4. Heat some oil in a pan & fry the sausage patties until they’re crispy on the outside and no longer pink in the middle.
Although the sausages are already packed full of delicious bits of black pudding and apple, we serve these up with homemade apple sauce. To make it:
1. Peel your apple skins and remove the cores.
2. Chop up your apples into small chunks.
3. Add butter into a sauce pan and then chuck in your apples too and some brown sugar.
4. Put a lid on it but remember to keep stirring. This should take about 20 minutes for the apples to caramelise, but you can leave it for 30 minutes for a more chunky sauce.